The Research Is In!
In spring 2007, Learning Gauge, Inc., an independent educational research company, conducted a scientifically based research study to test the instructional effectiveness of ConceptLinks®. Nearly 500 students in grades 4 through 8 in urban and suburban classrooms in the northeast, southeast, south, Midwest, and southwest regions of the country participated in the study. Students received an average of 8 one-hour lessons of instructions. Learning Gauge, Inc. administered pretests and posttests and analyzed the test results.
Download the Report Highlights
Download the Full Report
Students Achieved Significant Gains After Using ConceptLinks® for Two Weeks
- Students demonstrated a statistically significant increase in vocabulary and reading performance
- On average, students’ test scores in conceptual comprehension and vocabulary improved by 33%
- Over 99% of students achieved gains in vocabulary
- All types of students including English Language Learners, struggling students and grade-level readers showed improvement as a result of using ConceptLinks®
Teachers gave ConceptLinks® high marks for
- Teaching reading
- Teaching science
- Achieving their district’s instructional goals
- Teaching academic vocabulary, comprehension strategies and academic knowledge development
- Providing a manageable instructional plan that was meaningful to students
- Providing a manageable small group instruction plan
© 2011 Millmark Education Corporation. All rights reserved.