Volcanoes and Earthquakes
Program instruction in ConceptLinks® Inquiry’s Volcanoes and Earthquakes module combines a Digital Curriculum with Hands-on Investigation Kits for an engaging, active exploration of the big idea: Volcanic eruptions and earthquakes are abrupt changes in Earth’s surface caused by the actions of tectonic plates and heat and pressure inside Earth.
Investigations in this module cover the following Essential Questions:
- Where do most volcanoes and earthquakes occur?
- What happens when Earth’s crust breaks under pressure?
- How can waves transfer energy?
- How can scientists determine the location of an earthquake?
- Why is viscosity an important characteristic of lava?
- What types of landforms are created when magma and other materials are released from Earth’s interior?
Available Sales Configurations
|BB185664||978-1-6161-8566-4||Online Curriculum *
License Bundle Options:
• 1-9 licenses, $165 per license
• 10-19 licenses, $133 per license
• 20+ licenses, $99 per license
Volume discount promos are calculated at Checkout.
|BB185497||978-1-6161-8549-7||Printed Investigations Guide **||$35.00|
|BB185862||978-1-6161-8586-2||Investigations Materials Kit||$275.00|
Call 877-322-8020 for your customized solution.
**Printed Investigations Guides are only available with purchase of accompanying Online Curriculum, or with purchase of site or district license.